At Emerge Real Estate you ARE the CENTER of the SCHOOL, that is our Pledge. WE HONOR YOUR TIME and WE ADJUST TO YOURS. our commitment is to facilitate the highest and best education standards in Florida.
At Emerge you can attend from anywhere around the world while connected to your PC, Tablet, or mobile phone. each of your classes features a LIVE INSTRUCTOR, with whom you can interact, communicate, ask questions, and receive feedback on each of the chapters; In other words, you are never alone. You will be participating in LIVE CLASSES, enabling you to ask in live time any questions about the chapters that you consider appropriate to review. Having secure support when you decide to obtain your Real Estate License.
Emerge Real Estate School powered by Learn Mortgage, part of Hondros Education Group, is a leading mortgage education company that is committed to providing students and mortgage companies with simple and comprehensive solutions to help new and existing mortgage loan originators complete their educational requirements. We offer a full, national catalog of the high-quality, online, in both pre-licensing and continuing education. Paired with the industry’s premier exam prep solutions, we give you everything you need to pass your licensing exams – the first time. Whether you’re getting licensed for the first time or looking to get licensed in a new state, Learn Mortgage is your one-stop provider for all your required education needs.
What You Need to Know
So many students fail to realize that they must submit an application to the state to be approved to get a real estate license. Taking and passing the 63-hour pre-license course is not all there is to it. Along with your application to the state you also must get your fingerprints submitted electronically by an approved vendor. It takes a couple of weeks for the background check to complete. If your background checks out and you are approved, you will receive a letter in your email with your approval number to take the state exam. Our student support team is here to walk you through the application process if you need us.
School License No. ZH1002846– Course Provider No. CRS19566
How Long Does It Take to Get a Florida Real Estate License?
The quickest way to get a real estate license is to get started on your course and get your application into the state as soon as possible. It can take anywhere from two to three weeks to get your approval back from the state.
10 Steps On How to Apply for A Florida Real Estate License
Go to the DBPR website myfloridalicense.com
Click on the yellow bar that says Apply or Manage My License
In the drop-down select Real Estate
In the green box, click Apply for A License
Click on Real Estate Sales Associate
- Then click Initial Application-Sales Associate License (Form RE 1)
Scroll Down to the bottom and click on Apply Using Online Services
- At the bottom left corner, you will see “Create My Account”
- When you register, enter your name and address as you want it on your real estate license application. You can choose to use a middle name or initial or no middle name at all.
- Click next to preview your registration and save, edit or cancel.
Check your email for a temporary password:
- Click on the link they give you to login here.”
It will ask if you want to link an existing license to your account. If this is your first time applying for a license, select “No”.
Select your name for your application
Read the Introduction:
- It says that fingerprints must be completed 5 days prior to applying. You can complete your application and go ahead and submit it with your payment but you must get your fingerprints done within 5 days. Now that your account is set up, when you get your fingerprints done, they will attach with your application
- Don’t lie on your application. Disclose everything you may have in your background. If you don’t admit to everything, they will see it on your record and may automatically deny you for not being truthful. You will have the opportunity to explain anything you want to in the application. The DBPR is like a consumer protection agency so to speak. If you have something questionable on your record, the DBPR will meet to go over your background and explanations and decide if allowed a real estate license whether you will be a threat to the public or not. When you are finished filling out your application, you can choose to submit it with the application fee of $83.75 or save it to your account and submit it later or after you get your fingerprints done.
Submit Your Application
When you have made the decision to become a Broker or Broker associate, we recommend you submit a completed Application and do the electronic fingerprinting, with appropriate fees, then start your class. This will ensure that you are approved to take the state exam as soon as you finish your course with little or no waiting.
Successfully complete a FREC approved pre-licensing course for brokers (Course II) consisting of 72 classroom hours and covering the topics required by the FREC. The course is valid for licensure purposes for two years after the course completion date. A minimum grade of 70% is required on the end-of-course examination. (If you fail your end-of-course examination, you must wait 30 days from the date of the original examination to retest) [Note: Online end-of-course examinations are administered online].
Applicants must pass the Florida Real Estate Broker Examination with a grade of at least 75
The initial license is issued in an inactive status. To activate your license, you must submit a completed RE 2050 form signed by your Broker or employer to the Division of Real Estate.